Sunday, June 21, 2009

All For A Dead Man's Leg by R. Ann Siracusa - Book Review

All For A Dead Man’s Leg by R. Ann Siracusa
Sapphire Blue Publishing
Romantic Comedy
ISBN #978-1-934657-16-4
March 2009
E-Book - 6.00

 
Author Site
Publisher Site
 
 
 
Book Description:

 
 
My name is Harriet Ruby, Tour Director Extraordinaire. At least I thought I was worthy of that title until one of my tourists, Archie Philpot, died in the middle of my first, solo European tour.
Teaming up with William Talbot, a seemingly kind stranger who turned out to be a spy in disguise, I tried to keep my tourists happy and unaware while smuggling poor old Archie's body out of Morocco. I never expected my newfound friend and helper to be the love of my life. It certainly didn’t hurt that he was such a hunk!

But before our romance even got properly started, we were chased by terrorists, smugglers and murderers. Since my role model had always been Tour Guide Barbie, I was out of my league and had to rely on Will to get us to safely.

Little did I know that getting out of Morocco was just the beginning...
 
 
 
 
 
 
Book Review:
 

Meet Harriet Ruby… Who’s going on her first solo directing tour? Harriet knows she has what it takes to be the best tour director there is. What she didn’t count on a member of her tour group dying right in front her. Luckily for Ms. Ruby she gets help from an unexpected stranger--William Talbot.


William Talbot is mysterious man who seems to come out of nowhere to help out Harriet. Along the way Harriet discovers more and more exactly who William really is. She can’t help but find herself fantasize about him.
 

Harriet never expected to go seriously wrong on her first solo gig. As soon as things get possibly bad to worse, Harriet meets William Talbot who comes up with a plan to rescue her from the jam she’s in. Now she’s an unwilling participant to help William.


William has been working undercover to discover the criminal underworld. He gets Harriet to help to continue working undercover. Along the way he banters with her… William likes his job yet there’s just something about Harriet that makes him wants kiss her. He gets keeping rain checks for those kisses from Ms. Ruby… He makes a promise to collect all kisses from her soon.
It doesn’t hurt either one of them--that Harriet teases William just as much as he does her.
 
 
 
While Harriet continues her tour, the dead Archie comes along as well. What is even funnier is that not one member of her tour group has noticed that Archie is 100 percent dead missing his leg.


R. Ann Siracusa managed to keep me smiling through out All For A Dead Man’s Leg.
Ms. Siracusa had me from the beginning with this line. “Mez Harriet Boobies.”


I just couldn’t love Harriet and Will more because no matter the danger they were in, both managed to do some major banter and flirting.


This is a genuine gem. It kept me in awe with each new chapter.


From the middle to the end there’s plenty of action packed scenes. Harriet is determined to save a friend of Will’s whether he helps her or not.


Here’s to Harriet and Will for rescuing the good and catching the bad guys.


I definitely enjoyed reading the talks between Will and Harriet. Cute nickname Will has for Harriet.


All For A Dead Man’s Leg is amazing romantic comedy with well written action scenes mixed in. Well written characters and storyline that well thought out. It’s hard to find great humor novels, Ms. Siracusa sure knew how to work into A+ charming tale. I definitely recommend this top choice of the week! I don’t know how much more I can say but that I love All for a Dead Man’s Leg.
 
 
I give All For a Dead Man’s Leg a rating of 5 Stars!
 
 
 
Reviewed by:


Estefanie L
Night Time Romance Reviews